So, it turns out that Grace is indeed in Estrella and not Tents. METERED postcards (in blue or black ink) can be sent to her. This can be done at the post office and then they deliver it. She can be reached at:
Sarah G. Daniels
Inmate # P717574
2939 W Durango St
Here are additional guidelines from the MCSO website:
INMATE MAIL: All incoming mail, with the exception of legal mail, must be standard postcards.
This is to ensure the safety and security of jail facilities, inmates, and staff.
ACCEPTABLE STANDARD POSTCARDS
• Metered or Stamps are acceptable for postage.
• Minimum size requirements are 3.5 by 4.25 inches
• Maximum Allowable Postcard Size: 4.25 x 6 inches
• Written in blue or black ink only.
• homemade postcards are not accepted.
• Defaced or altered postcards
• No plastics or wrappings on postcard
• Postcards marked with paint, crayon or marker; or ink
(only black or blue ink is accepted)
• Postcards with labels or stickers
• Postcards with watermarks or stains
• Postcards with any biohazards, including perfumes or
• Postcards depicting nudity, weapons, or gang references
• Oversized Postcards
NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES Subscription publications must be purchased directly through a publisher.
Publications that may pose a threat to the security or safety of the jail or are pornographic are not allowed.
PHOTOGRAPHS Up to five photographs may be mailed to the jail (or dropped off in the visitation lobby) provided the envelope is clearly marked “PHOTOGRAPHS.” Photographs may not be larger than four inches by six inches. The inmate name & booking number must be written on the back of each photograph. Nothing else is to be written on the photographs. Photographs must be unaltered, and may not contain any adhesives such as stickers or labels.
I wouldn't chance using stamps despite what the website says, since they could just be trying to make it harder to contact Grace (but they obviously don't know us that well). I'd ask her in your first postcard about sending her photos and/or publications, if you wish to. Books can only come through Amazon (no resellers), Barnes & Noble, Borders. Just use the mailing address for the order. Additionally, there's always visitation as a means to contact her. At this point, I don't know what the guidelines are for visitation (or if they're making it harder to visit her). Otherwise, I don't believe it would be that hard to visit her.